ABOUT MEENTERTAINMENT AND MULTIMEDIA PROFESSIONAL, ENTREPRENEUR, PHILANTHROPIST
I was born and raised into the Entertainment Industry with amazing parents and Johnny Cash as my Godfather, followed by decades of working years as a Creative Technologist, Multimedia Expert. With Multiple Certificates, a BA, 20+ years of Studio and Agency experience. For more than a decade I’ve Production and Creative Designed Movies and Music Videos, Mixed/Engineered and Produced both Live and Studio Productions; Ranging from Audio and Video for a variety of major network television channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, and more), to Live Venues, Union and Non-Union Productions.
Also, I’ve been a Technical Writer, Publisher, and Editor, and have created Award Winning Software Packaging for Samsung, Ad Copy and, Marketing Materials for Honeywell, Manuals and Technical Publications, and was the Technical Publisher of NORTEL NETWORKS (Simi Valley Division leading teams of 10+ Writers and 20+ Engineers, when I was 24), Re-Branding for The Monroe Institute, and many more.
Here Are My
- Frontend Development
- Backend Development
- UI/UX Design
- Social Media
I believe design is a process
I prototype and iterate
I design and build
Usually, all I need is a vague discription or even a sketch on a cocktail napkin and I can hit the ground running.
Once I have a complete idea or even just the core-concept, the initial straw-man is usually put together really fast.
It’s all about the content! …and if I have everything I need, then the complete build happens in the wink of an eye!
Time to clean, polish, put the shine on, then finish it off with extensive testing, a good buffing and BAM! …new website smell.
Years of Experience
- 30+ Yrs Graphic Design & Art
- 15+ Yrs Marketing & Ad Agency
- 20+ Yrs Union and Non-Union Studio
- 10+ Yrs Art Directing
- 10+ Film Production Design
- 25+ Yrs Management
- 25+ Yrs Foreman & Construction
- 25+ Yrs IT/IS and Desktop Support
- 20+ Yrs HTML & Web Design
- 30+ Yrs Sculpting and Painting
- 7 Certificates: Film & Television
- 1 Certificate: Conforming Editor
- 1 Bachelors of Arts: Motion Picture and Television Production & Broadcast
- A+, MCP, MCSE, IT/IS, GIS, Desktop: Mac, PC, Linux, Server Admin: 2000, 2003, 2008
- 30+ Years of On-The-Job Training from the top, best-of-the best, industry leading professionals and trend setters
- The Film Group Institute Top of Class
- Hollywood Walk-of-Fame (star: art dept.)
- C|NET Premiere Award
- 5th Annual ZD Sharware Award
- XX CAL Multimedia Ready Award
- 5 Stars: Internet Apps Award
- 4 Stars: ZD-Net Editor’s Pick
- 5 Stars: ZD-Net Editor’s Pick
- Top Pick!: DOWNLOAD.com
- 5 Stars: SoftSeek Editor’s Pick
“Grant is the BEST! A seasoned professional with brilliant creativity. I knew exactly what I wanted, and what direction I wanted to go for my branding and advertising. Grant listened to the ideas and direction that I wanted to go and exceeded my expectations every time! I recommend Grant highly and I will definitely be hiring him for future projects. You will not regret investing in Grant!“
“I wholeheartedly endorse Grant for those who want to do things differently when it comes to design. He is both analytical and creative in his process and takes the time to genuinely understand the business or individual he is collaborating with. Grant does not do “off the shelf”. As a creative and positive person he is a wonder to work with, so it is not surprising he comes so highly recommended. I will remain a loyal client for many years to come.”
“Everything you have created for SUBLIME CREATIONS is absolutely gorgeous and we cannot thank you enough. You’ve gone the extra mile at every turn and the results are designs and websites that exceed our clients’ wildest expectations. You provided the service and professionalism of a full-service agency even though you are a sole freelancer. We’d recommend Grant Garrison to anyone; you’re affordable enough for a startup and talented enough for a large company with deep pockets. Thanks Grant, for listening to our needs and going above and beyond contract.”